What are Trigger Points?
Trigger points are small contraction knots which develop in muscle tissue when it is injured or overworked. The most common causes are repetitive motion, trauma, or tension caused by stress. The small knots tighten the muscle, which decreases blood flow, pulls on tendons and causes local or referred pain. This decreases mobility and can pinch nerves which may cause numbness and tingling.
What is Trigger Point Therapy?
Trigger point therapy (TPT) is massage using 6-12 strokes over trigger points with the intention of relieving pain. There are no doctors specializing in the care of muscles. Therefore, many diagnoses, such as tendonitis or arthritis, could actually be caused by trigger points, and checking for trigger points before diagnosis may eliminate the need for more invasive therapies and pain medication.
Why Learn Trigger Point Therapy for Self-Care?
- Speeds up recovery time
- Feels good!
- Gives you control over your pain management
- Allows you to get treatment whenever you need it (wherever you are)
Benefits of Massage
- Increased range of motion and mobility
- More restful sleep
- Decreased need for pain medication
- May eliminate the need for invasive procedures such as surgery
- Brings you out of your head and into your body
- Stimulates a relaxation response
- Speed recovery time after injury or surgery
- Complimentary to Physical Therapy and Chiropractic Care
Fees for Treatment
- 60 min massage: $85.00
- 90 min massage: $110.00
(Include a $30 travel charge and set up fee for home visits)
*Gift Certificates Available*